Founded in 2012, Physician Housecalls meets the unique and specific needs of homebound patients. These patients typically have two or more chronic diseases, making it difficult for them to leave their home for primary care services. With a focus on the geriatric population, Physician Housecalls provides home-based primary care services within the patient’s place of residence.
Physician Housecalls employs physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants with
The company was founded by CEO Hank Ross, who also started a successful home health and hospice agency, Ross Health Care.
Current Service Area
Hank Ross is a co-founder and majority owner of Physician Housecalls with more than 29 years of senior management experience in health care. He earned
Vice President of Clinical Services
Cindy Longanacre is a co-founder of Physician Housecalls with more than 25 years of experience as a registered nurse and Certified Hospice and Palliative Care nurse. She began her career
Strong Adherence to Business and Personal Ethics
Physician Housecalls believes all business operations and personal conduct should adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Integrity is our strength and an integral part of our character. We always strive to do the right thing and to improve patients’ health and well-being. We are an ethical, trusted and respectful partner in our patients’ care.
What does integrity look like in action?
- Doing the right thing even when nobody is looking.
- Using critical thinking to anticipate the consequences of our actions and their adherence to ethical standards.
- Acting responsibly and with respect for others.
Provision of the Highest Quality of Patient Care
Patient care is the reason for our organization’s existence. Nothing is more important than how we address our patients’ health care needs. Our focus is to provide care that is proactive, patient-centered and prevention-oriented. The goal is always to allow the patient to “age in place” and remain in their residence as long as possible.
What does quality patient care look like in action?
- Properly assessing the patient’s physical and practical needs.
- Developing a treatment plan in conjunction with everyone involved in the patient’s care.
- Continually reassessing and adjusting the plan as the patient’s health and needs change.
Exceptional Customer Service for Internal and External Customers
We intend to maintain mastery of customer service. We find ways to meet the needs of our external customers including patients, families, facilities and referral sources. We equally work to meet the needs of our employees so they can provide quality care to patients.
What does exceptional customer service look like in action?
- Never saying “no” without first exploring every potential way to satisfy a request.
- Acting professionally in our word, manner
- Using complaints as an opportunity to identify a problem’s solution instead of reacting defensively.
Innovative Use of Technology and Resources to Achieve Goals
Innovation is our imperative, as we strive to continually improve our services and create efficiencies leading to a stronger organization. Every employee shares this spirit of innovation, recognizing that change is the only constant in health care. We must embrace technology to improve the quality of care we provide, reduce costs of operation and improve patient satisfaction.
What does innovation look like in action?
- Not being satisfied with the status quo. Continually looking for opportunities to improve.
- Embracing change and incorporating new technology with enthusiasm.
- Improving processes, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and developing new ways to achieve business results.