The primary function of the EMR Specialist is to provide direct and indirect support to clinicians and support staff in the delivery of patient care with the use of the electronic medical record (EMR) system. The EMR Specialist will function under the direct supervision of the Software Analyst and serve as the primary point of support for system users. Job responsibilities will include support staff and provider- specific application support, configuration and testing. The EMR Specialist will provide initial and ongoing training and support for all existing and new staff members and assist users in applying EMR upgrades.
- Conducts self in a manner that always represents Physician Housecalls core values
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with her/his immediate supervisor about Departmental and PHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Provides daily support to end users through troubleshooting, coaching, and consulting to facilitate the implementation, integration, and optimal use of the EMR.
- Identify, assess, troubleshoot EMR related issues as they occur, and see through to full resolution.
- Refer issues that require additional assistance to the Software Analyst
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff of Physician Housecalls
- Coordinate and conduct new employee EMR training.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as
- Performs other related duties as required.
Obtain health history and perform physical examinations
Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment
Prescribe medication in accordance with Oklahoma statutes and professional practice guidelines
Perform minor procedures within scope of practice
Arrange referral for patients requiring services not available through Physician Housecalls
Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) and follow-up in a timely manner
Comply with accepted Infection Control standards which includes personally utilizing universal precautions
Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested
Assist in outside medical public relations functions as requested
Adhere to Physician Housecalls productivity standards and meet at least the minimum requirement
Assists in the evaluation of medication therapy to identify potential interactions, significant side effects, potential ineffectiveness, duplicative therapy and other medication therapy issues
Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the supervising physician reactions to treatments, including drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition
Teaching, supervising and counseling the patient and caregivers regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home
Collaborates with other disciplines to provide care for the patient and family
Consults with the supervising physician concerning alteration of the plan of care
Participates in Team meetings as required
Discusses with the clinical supervisor and supervising physician problems concerning the patient and how they may best be handled
Discusses with the supervisor the need for involvement of other members of the health care team such as home health, hospice, physical therapist, speech therapist, occupational therapist, social worker, etc.
Assists in coordinating total patient care
Participates in staff development meetings as required
Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy
protocols in accordance to Company policies and HIPAA requirements
Perform all other duties as assigned
- Experience of application responsibility in an ambulatory healthcare environment (preferred)
- Five years of experience working in an outpatient clinic or doctor’s office.
- Physician office clinical experience preferred but other medical office experience will be considered
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are
- Strong organization and time management skills are
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative is
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is
- Displays cheerful demeanor and makes positive comments when on
- Refrains from participation in harmful gossip, dysfunctional group interactions, and divisive behavior.
- Displays courteous and professional behavior in all interactions with the
- Works cooperatively with other staff
- Displays flexibility in accepting, changing, or carrying out
- Basic knowledge of CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), and ICD-10- CM coding is
- General understanding of the medical billing process is
To apply, please complete the following form and we will be in touch.